
Dylan sits still only when he's sleeping or watching TV. This makes him hard to track down for pictures. He makes up for it, however, with all the material he gives me to write about. Baby Billy is Dylan when he pretends to be a baby. He doesn't really attack anything other than Taylor's nerves. "Dylan, stop acting like a baby when I'm trying to be serious!"
We played the "Would you rather..." game tonight and Dylan came up with some pretty imaginatively disgusting things. Here's one that comes to mind: "Would you rather jump super high and land with the top of the Eiffel Tower going through your eye and have to stay there all your life or fall from the Eiffel Tower and break every bone in your body?" And another: "Would you rather be a human that had to live your whole life in a world where everything was poop or would you rather be a poop in a world that was normal?" For the record,
Dylan gave a suggestion for a game to play at Mackenzie's birthday party: "Well, we could have dad go stand somewhere and t
hen have all the kids fill up water balloons and throw them at him!" I don't think so Dylan.Dylan had been in his cast for weeks when one of the school moms came up to him with a sympathetic look and asked, "How are you doing Dylan?" Dylan tilted his head, scrunched his face, and said, "Well...my arm is broken." Yes Dylan, that big green cast gives it away, and that's why she was asking. Dylan rolls with the punches like no one I've ever known. While in his cast he never complained. He just adjusted to his new situation.
A lot of Dylan's quotes have revolved around vehicles lately. First, he's become a turn signal cop, asking me if I turned my signal on or telling me when I didn't. He's watching other cars too, and he keeps me updated if he sees someone not using their blinkers.
The other day I got a ticket for parking on a curb where I wasn't supposed to (hefty fine, too). I was reading this while sitting in the car with Dylan (parked). This was serious enough business to Dylan that when we parked at our next destination the first thing he did was run around to the curb to make sure I wasn't breaking the law again!
Another day
recently Dylan, Mackenzie and I witnessed a rollover accident on the freeway. It was a shock. Two seconds of chaos. Hard on the brakes followed by a hopeful glance to the rear view mirror. No bad results for anyone other than the car that rolled over. Quite honestly, I can't imagine how no one hit that car, much less mine. As we slowly drove past the vehicle I asked the handful of people who were helping if I could do anything. I could see out of the corner of my eye that people were still hanging upside down in the vehicle and I'm sure Dylan and Mackenzie noticed this too. This was startling for Dylan who proceeded to tell me every few minutes that he thought I was driving too fast (I wasn't).
Dylan said recently that he wanted to go to China so he could learn to speak Spanish. It was hard not to laugh at that one. The minds of curious 6 year olds all over the world could probably put together a great comedy routine.
I think Dylan's favorite word is "what." He doesn't use it with a question mark but rather with an angry exclamation point. "Dylan, time to get off the computer." "WHAT! But I just got on ."
"Dylan, please turn off the TV." "WHAT! But it was just getting so good."
1 comment:
I LOVE THE PICS LOVE YOUR MOST FAVORITE AND COOLEST COUSIN EVER LEXI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment