Sunday, May 13, 2007

Spiders

Brushing my teeth before bed quite awhile ago now I discovered a spider dangling from the faucet. Amy had hit the sack, and I'm sure, brushed her teeth just a couple hours before. Recently, I went out to my car to discover that overnight spiders had built on both of my side view mirrors. Actually, my passenger side spider is a mainstay. I should probably have a name for it by now. It lives somewhere behind the mirror and continuously rebuilds it's web depending on how badly I damage it. Highway miles are rough on webs. Anyway, it doesn't take much time before spiders start moving in anywhere, inside or out. It's not unusual for the vacuum to inhale up to 3 spiders living in the same corner...one at the ceiling, one at the floor, and one in between. It's hard to believe they can find enough food to survive on, quite honestly. Part of me wants to keep them around for the mosquito season...it'll be less expensive than buying window screens. Spiders like the one on the right, appearing to be only inches from this attractive woman's back, can be found on nearly every light post during the summer. Check out those nice curves...hey!...I mean on the spider web.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's Amy's back isn't it? gary

Anonymous said...

Very funny Gary...of course it's Amy's back!

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Ted! We enjoyed the updates and the great photos.

Dennis & Brenda Chamberlain