
Mackenzie's world is derived in part from the words and actions of Dylan and Taylor. She is, of course, still an original. From Dylan she's learned: "Hands up!"
Mackenzie always seems to be hungry. After she says, "me hungeee," she rarely falls for any stalling tactic or diversionary method, with the occasional exception of Dora. Even if dinner is only half an hour away it's best to give her a snack rather than get chased around the kitchen by a leg hugging two year old..."me hungeee...me hungeee...!" Often, while I'm preparing dinner, Mackenzie decides that she needs more attention: "hode me...hode me...!" Same as above...try the Dora "card" or, more likely, give in and become the "one armed chef."
Kenzie tells you what she's up to even if you're there with her: "me coloring... me dressing...me mad"... She updates on who's along and who's not...the other night at the store with me: "Me shopping, daddy doo, nod mommy, nod DayDay, nod Dayan." She's even started to use her words and actions to demonstrate things--after falling off her chair the other day she cried, returned to her seat, and then leaned to one side and said, "me fall like this." Accustomed to incorrect phrases such as, "me here," I was surpised the other day. While I was looking for her on the upstairs level she called out to me from downstairs--"I'm down here!"
Mackenzie's bedtime ritual includes her blankie, doggy, and baby doggy (and, of course, her water cup). She often needs bandaids whether her accident leaves a mark or not. If I recall, this stage lasts a couple of years...we'll need to stock up.
Life has changed for her (and me)...she started school...and loves it. At first she cried at drop off ---now she hardly remembers to wave goodbye to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment