Taylor is sometimes the other parent...scolding Dylan for saying "poop"...asking Mackenzie to stop doing this or that...dishing out incorrect advice to her siblings...and so on.
She knows that she's the sibling to give in..."OK Mackenzie, you can play with what I'm holding...just so you'll be quiet." She's a good sport.
I guess every parent is amazed at how fast their children grow up...I'm no different. It can't be 7 years ago that I was scared driving Taylor home for the first time...wondering if she was going to survive the speed bumps as we exited the hospital...hoping we didn't get in an accident. Was it really 6 years ago that she wouldn't let us leave her room at bedtime without singing "Wheels on the Bus," until she was drifting off to sleep..."more bus...more bus!" It couldn't have been 5 years ago when Taylor looked at that picture of a hippo getting on a bus....I expected her to say, "hippo bus" or som
ething to that effect...instead, she startled me with, "It's a hippopatumus getting on a bus." I realized then that things were changing fast. I guess it's been 4 years now since she started preschool and thought that the other Taylor in her class would look and act exactly as she did...after all they had the same name (we had the class list before school began). Tell me it wasn't 3 years ago that she was trying to whistle, snap her fingers, and blow bubbles with her gum...and doing all three before too long. Was it really almost 2 years ago that Taylor wanted to go to all day kindergarten so she'd be able to bring a lunchbox to school? Has it already been a year since she only spoke English? Have we really been in Belgium for a year? It's gone so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment