
Summer vacation is only eight weeks in Belgium...so, in typical fashion, we crammed as much as possible in. It was a whirlwind...Reno for the wedding of Paige (my niece) and Carlos. The possibility of being a great uncle...hmmmm. Carlos and family put on a great groom's event...all present felt like relatives. The dinner that evening set the stage for my 3 kilo increase on the scale over the next month and a half. Wedding day...Dylan, "co"ring bearer, waved as he passed...Taylor, "co"flower girl, completely focused. The reception...Amy danced fantastically, as she always does. My sister Chris, as usual, made it seem as though entertaining 200 to 300 people was as easy as slapping together a few balogna sandwiches for the kids. Deb took more photos than I have in my lifetime (I don't think I'm exaggerating here)! It was an emotional reception with memories of Jim, Paige and Matt's father. We met Monica, Matt's girlfriend--she mentioned a thing or two about Matt that I didn't know. Paige and Carlos have been married only a few months but it seems a lifetime ago considering all that's happened since (for them too, I'm sure).
No comments:
Post a Comment